7 Seater Cars - General Buyer's Tips
The 7-seater cars have become more and more popular over the years. As the number of models available has continued to increase so has people's understanding of the practicality.
It is relaxing and peaceful to drive such vehicle. They are suitable for everyday use on the school run or to the shops. Their main advantage is they offer comfort not just for large families but also for people who want to carry their luggage.
Whatever the reason for purchasing your 7 seater car, rest assured that there is a huge amount of choice available in the UK.
The key decision - just how big.
Despite there being a wide range of different models available you have a basic choice - compact people carrier or large people carrier.
Our top 3 compacts are:
1. Vauxhall Zafira - great design (especially the panoramic roof) and fantastic seating;
2. VW Touran - drives like a car and fantastic VW build quality;
3. Ford Grand S-Max - sporty and fun, cheap to run like all Fords.
Our top 3 large MPV's are:
1. Peugeot 5008 - stylish look, very well equipped interior and good fuel economy;
2. Renault Grand Espace - huge on space and numerous little hideaway places in the cabin;
4. Ford Galaxy - well build and reliable but best of all cheap to service.
Check Mitsubishi Grandis you are looking for something different. This is a beautiful underrated vehicle.
The newest type of 7 seater vehicle is the 4x4. These types of cars are usually large and many can accommodate the extra row of seats. They are chosen by the style conscious who are looking for something more cool and trendy. The best of them are the BMW X5, Land Rover Discovery, Volvo XC90 and Audi Q7. Be warned though 4x4 Car Insurance is almost double the price of a normal 7 seat car.
Our top 5 tips for your budget:
1. Check which Car Tax band your chosen 7 seater car falls into;
2. Consider the potential running costs;
3. Ask for warranty;
4. Make sure Car Finance option you choose is affordable;
5. Ensure you really need such a big car!
Are there any disadvantages?
When buying 7 Seater bear in mind their higher prices. But not only – they are more difficult to park and their fuel consumption is higher. In addition all 7 seat are not as comfortable as the seat in a normal car.
Where to Buy?
You have 3 options. You can either buy it online, through a dealership or privately. If you buy it online, you will get cheaper quotes, however if you buy through a dealership, you may opt for a test drive.
You may also want to read about: 4x4 Cars