7 Seater Cars - General Buyer's Tips
The 7-seater cars have become popular over the years. You can feel comfortable and relaxing as it when you want to carry more than five people in a vehicle. It is relaxing and peaceful. As the number of models available has continued to increase so has peoples understanding of the practicality.
With the same size footprint of a medium to large car they are no longer the bulky impractical vehicles they once were and are suitable for everyday use on the school run or to the shops. The key is they offer practicality not just for large families but also for people who want to carry their family and luggage or even their family plus Grandma and Granddad.
Whatever the reason for purchasing your 7 seater car, rest assured that there is a huge amount of choice available in the UK.
The key decision - just how big.
Despite there being hundreds of different models available you have a basic choice - compact people carrier or large people carrier.
Our top 5 compacts are:
1. Vauxhall Zafira - great design (especially the panoramic roof) and fantastic seating;
2. VW Touran - drives like a car and fantastic VW build quality;
3. Ford S-Max - sporty and fun, cheap to run like all Fords.
Our top 3 large MPV's are:
1. Peugeot 5008 - looks great and good fuel economy;
2. Renault Grand Espace - huge on space and numerous little hideaway places in the cabin;
4. Ford Galaxy - well build and reliable but best of all cheap to service.
If you are looking for something different the Mitsubishi Grandis - this is a beautiful underrated vehicle.
The newest type of 7 seater vehicle is the 4x4. Are these types of cars are usually large many can accommodate the extra row of seats. Bought by the style conscious that are looking for something a little more cool the best of them are the BMW X5, Land Rover Discovery, Volvo XC90 and Audi Q7. Be warned though you will be paying double the price of a normal 7 seat car.
Our top 5 tips for your budget:
1. Check which Car Tax band your chosen 7 seater car falls into;
2. Consider the potential running costs;
3. Ask for warranty;
4. Make sure Car Finance option you choose is affordable;
5. Ensure you really need such a big car!
Where to Buy?
You have 3 options. You can either buy it online, through a dealership or privately. If you buy it online, you will get cheaper quotes, however if you buy through a dealership, you may opt for a test drive.
You may also want to read about: 4x4 Cars